- Our sight glass models are uniquely engineered to use a floating glass design that eliminates the risk of breakage during install.
- Lower flanges constructed of carbon steel and stainless steel are standard. Virtually any machinable alloy can be specified to meet user requirements.
- Sight glass lenses come standard with tempered borosilicate material for operating temperatures up to 500°F(260°C).
- The standard gasket materials consist of Buna-N. Optional are Viton, EPDM, Neoprene and Tefsil - sold in pairs. Kalrez and Perfluor gaskets are available upon request only. Virtually any elastomeric material may be specified to meet operating conditions.
- The standard sight glasses bolting material is carbon steel SA-193-B7. Stainless steel (304 or 316) bolting is available upon request. Each bolting kit contains bolts, washers and lock washers.
- Standard design pressure is 150 PSIG. We are able to accommodate your needs if other design conditions are required.
- Custom lower flanges are available upon request to accommodate needs.
We understand your needs and desires because we have the same requirements on our projects. We are now able to offer these same components to our customers. Transparency of the sight glass gives the ability to observe and examine the liquid level inside of boiler or tank. Weld Pad Sight Glasses are offered in the following viewing diameters: 4", 5", 6", 7" and 9". Our Sight Glasses are manufactured to ASME Section VIII, Division 1 requirements.
Chicago Boiler Company has been producing custom fabricated steel components for over 127 years. It was a natural progression for us to produce sight glasses in a variety of styles, sizes, and materials.